First home buyers can get lost understanding property market jargon. In part one (last week's episode), we covered some of the people you might come across in your property search as well as some of the terms you might hear mortgage brokers and accountants use.
In part two of our real estate user's guide, we interpret a whole lot more of the commonly used terms (and some of the more ridiculous ones as well!). Since every industry has its own particular language, we want you to be able to speak the real estate lingo with ease.
There's a whole bunch of terms to cover so let's get into it!
• What is rentvesting? [02:31]
• 'Manufacturing Equity' sounds complicated, but it really isn't [05:01]
• Explaining the 'cooling off' period & 66W Certificate [06:38]
• Conditional Offers & some examples [10:47]
• Is 'gazumping' a bad thing? [11:44]
• What are Holding Deposits? [12:36]
• Exploring terms used in auctions [13:12]
• What the heck does 'freestanding to one side" mean? [15:52]
• 'North-facing' property [16:39]
• Can a property really have 'unlimited potential'? [17:50]
• Why 'renovator's delight' isn't truly delightful [18:53]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!