When it comes to buying property, "missing the boat" is a fear that a lot of home buyers tend to have, first time or not.
In this episode, we're taking you through the story of a couple who are looking for their ideal sea change home. However, they started their search before COVID and had no idea that the market would run on them! So what are their options now? Have they missed the boat? What should they have done differently?
Tune in to find out more!
• Pip & Dave's story [03:13]
• Getting to grips with the reality of property markets [08:46]
• Things to consider when buying in a fast-moving market [10:42]
• Finding the right levels of compromise [13:37]
• FOMO vs. revising your expectations and budget [15:22]
• The difference between patience and inaction [21:01]
• Changing your property criteria & expanding your search location [22:05]
• Consider different home funding options [23:31]
• Blanket advice is not always good advice [24:51]
• How do buyers manage an offer without paying too much in a hot market? [31:59]
• How to track price changes in the current market [33:49]
• Measuring vs. relying on luck [36:11]
• Compromise must be anchored on practicality [37:39]
• Is there actually a reason for optimism? [39:09]
• Getting over FOMO and moving to just "MO", what are the next steps? [42:15]
• Don't ask others where to buy - your situation is unique [44:13]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!