Are you looking to purchase an apartment soon (or down the line)?
Apartments are a lot more common in the major capital cities, especially Sydney and Melbourne. But regardless of where you're looking to buy, there are some particularly BIG issues you need to be aware of.
Today we're talking about the three most common mistakes that apartment buyers make, and how you can avoid them. We're going to share how you can create a plan to make sure you don't get caught out and so much more!
If you enjoy this episode, do give us a like, share it with others who you know will benefit from the show and subscribe to the podcast! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to talk with us directly, send us an email at [email protected]
See you on the inside!
• "What's on title" versus "exclusive use" [03:40]
• Buying strata property [4:40]
• Lack of knowledge can cause you to make rash decisions [09:01]
• Don't just rely on the floor plan given - dig deeper! [10:15]
• Parking spaces & their value proposition in titles [11:40]
• How much can by-laws impact a property's livability? [17:22]
• The disclosure statement [23:24]
• Some examples of deal breakers [24:49]
• You don't want a building that gets hit with a fire order [26:51]
• By-laws need to be created each time a building gets upgraded [28:02]
• A look at visitor parking provisions [31:52]
• Know what is and isn't covered by strata levies [34:05]
• Understanding company titles [34:41]
• What's covered by strata levies? [36:43]
• How are these levies forecasted & calculated? [38:02]
• Stratas can be a great place to live in [43:07]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!