Did you know that spruikers can often mislead you with promises of "making quick money with massive profits" and that you can "retire at 30" through property?
Yeah, that unfortunately isn't as easy as it sounds.
Today, we're covering the "70-30" rule, socioeconomics, vacancy rates and more. Let's cut the BS and talk about the real story behind investment drivers and what you truly should be focusing on when looking to buy an investment property.
If you enjoy the show, do like, rate, subscribe, and share it with others! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to chat, email us at [email protected]
See you on the inside!
1. The Igloo [02:21]
2. Why you need a good property manager [04:27]
3. Look at the socio-economic make-up of the area [07:11]
4. It's all about the people who live in the area & their income [10:26]
5. Be aware of the demographic data of an area [13:13]
• The "70-30" Rule [14:12]
6. Why this podcast was created [16:27]
7. Check an area's unemployment rate & mortgage stress [18:35]
8. Spruikers and their tendency to talk about buying under market value [20:07]
9. Measure & research vacancy rates [24:02]
10. Study an area's sales history and price patterns [27:42]
11. Gentrification could be a factor for the growth of an area [28:45]
12. Look for good evidence of change in infrastructure [33:57]
• Be on top of possible zoning changes [35:00]
• Not all infrastructure projects push through in the end [38:24]
13. Look at the land component before you invest [39:29]
14. Yield: an overrated investment driver [40:51]
15. Understand where you are in the property cycle [42:53]
16. Choosing where to invest is just the first step! [43:59]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!