A lot of first home buyers enter the market without knowledge of best practices, what to do first and how to do it properly.
Today, we're joined by two first home buyers who found their passion for property after buying their first properties. They share the lessons they learned, mistakes they've made along the way, and whether or not they'd do everything the same way all over again.
If you enjoy the show, do like, rate, subscribe, and share it with others! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to chat, email us at [email protected]
We are also holding a live Where to Buy Workshop - Investor Edition on Wednesday, Nov 24, 2021, 7-9PM AEDT (6-8PM Brisbane time)! If you want to join us, check out the link here!
Let's dive in!
1. The Cliff House concept [04:49]
2. Where are Joe & Jef currently at in their property journey [05:49]
3. Why they created AUS Property Investors [08:27]
4. Joe's first property (and why he purchased it) [10:09]
• One big mistake he made as a first home buyer [12:41]
• The mistake of focusing on cash flow [18:13]
5. Jef's first property buying experience [19:33]
• Working with buyers agents [25:57]
• The opportunity cost of owning an unfavourable asset [32:02]
• What held him back from buying property after property [34:52]
6. When Joe realised he made a huge mistake [39:32]
• Did it prevent him from other investment opportunities? [41:35]
7. Joe's tips for a more stress-free property journey [42:03]
8. Does location play a part in capital growth? [47:03]
9. Jef's second property and how he approached it differently [51:28]
10. It's all about the asset [56:23]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!