Buying a property to renovate might seem like a great way to get into the market, but like any other project, there's a lot more you need to know before jumping in!
Rebeka Morgan of BuildHer Collective shares her expert intel on what to look for when buying to renovate or rebuild. We're going to learn some of the secrets to getting a renovation right, understanding what to look for, knowing the pitfalls to avoid and heaps more!
If you enjoy the show, do like, rate, subscribe, and share it with others! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to chat, email us at [email protected]
We'll see you on the inside!
1. The Hobbit House in Wales [02:40]
2. The biggest renovation mistake first home buyers make [03:42]
3. What can first home buyers do to add value to a reno property? [06:23]
4. Have a master plan for your property before spending on anything! [08:43]
5. How to avoid over-capitalizing on a reno property [13:00]
6. A process first home buyers NEED to follow to avoid pitfalls [17:09]
7. Getting financed by banks for your DIY reno project (plus an alternative) [20:30]
8. Consider these when rebuilding vs renovating [24:53]
9. Between a pool & an outdoor area, which one will buyers rate higher? [34:21]
10. Be cautious of property issues you can & can't overcome [38:20]
11. Make sure you research well before you buy [42:03]
12. Can first home buyers do property renovations without professional help? [43:34]
13. Use BuildHer Collective templates for better overview of your reno [47:01]
14. The story of Veronica's most recent build [49:10]
15. When does the planning phase actually start? [51:02]
16. What is something you wish you knew as a first home buyer? [52:41]
17. What Veronica learned in her first reno project [55:38]
Rebeka Morgan is one of the Founders of the BuildHer Collective. She's spent the last 14 years in the building industry in various management roles initially focusing on commercial construction where she was general manager of a commercial building company & more recently, Rebeka has been successfully redeveloping residential properties, which have broken sales records in Northcote.
Rebeka is CEO of Beirin Projects which focuses on high end renovation and construction in the inner North.
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!