Local knowledge is so important when buying property. No one knows an area more than its residents, and a local buyers agent is the perfect person to approach before inking that contract.
In this episode, we're doing a regional spotlight and focusing on the things first home buyers need to know about purchasing property in Geelong and Ballarat. We're talking to local expert Cate Bakos on her tips on what first home buyers should be looking at and the mistakes that can be avoided in the process.
If you're thinking about buying in any of these areas, this will definitely be a beneficial conversation to tune into.
See you on the inside!
• What are first home buyers purchasing right now in Ballarat? [03:16]
• The price difference between properties near and far from the city [05:37]
• Employment opportunities [07:38]
• Is there a shortage of property due to more people relocating to Ballarat? [09:35]
• Ballarat and the possibility of rentvesting [11:04]
• The transport demand in Geelong [12:28]
• What is it about Geelong that draws people in? [14:38]
• Gentrification and property prices in Geelong vs. Melbourne [16:36]
• Where are first home buyers gravitating towards in Geelong? [19:28]
• Mistakes people make when buying in Geelong or Ballarat [22:19]
• Is there anything crazy going on in the property space? [28:54]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!