A lot of Australians have been leaving major cities in favour of regional areas and it's had quite an impact on the property market. If you're a first home buyer, having someone with local knowledge during your property search is crucial.
In this episode, we're doing a regional spotlight with Buyers Agent and Valuer Matthew Ward, where he shares his tips on focusing on the things that first home buyers need to know about buying in regional NSW.
Tune in now and we'll see you on the inside!
• Is there significant activity concerning first home buyers moving out of cities? [03:46]
• What are first home buyers buying in the region? [07:00]
• Look beyond price and rental returns [10:46]
• When selecting property, de-risk as best as possible [12:34]
• Where are city migrants going and what's their impact? [14:18]
• Cities that have commutable options back to Sydney [18:26]
• How to price property from the perspective of a valuer [19:32]
• The state of property in Orange [22:17]
• How many first home buyers are buying small farms? [24:29]
• What do buyers need to understand in a regional market? [26:17]
• Mistakes first home buyers make in regional areas [31:21]
• Hacks to discovering the 'undesirable parts' of a town [32:30]
• Crazy things Matthew has seen buyers do [35:07]
• You don't need millions to get started [37:32]
• General insights and principles you can use when buying any region [39:46]
Matthew Ward is a licensed Buyer's Agent and registered Valuer with 15 years of experience and is one of the founding directors of Aspect Buyer's Agency.
Matthew undertakes acquisitions and property consultancy across all sectors of the property industry including Residential, Rural Lifestyle, Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial properties throughout regional NSW, and nationwide through his extensive industry network.
• Learn more about Matthew and visit his website
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!