Local knowledge is so important when it comes to buying property. Aside from knowing the terrain, local buyers agents can give great insight and recommendations you otherwise wouldn't have known on your own.
Today, we're talking to a local expert, Buyers Agent Matthew Knight, who will be sharing his tips on what first home buyers should be looking for and the mistakes that can be avoided in his area.
So, in this episode, we're doing a regional spotlight, focusing on the things that first home buyers need to know about buying in the South Coast of New South Wales. From Wollongong all the way down to Batemans Bay, we cover what you need to know to get started!
If you enjoy this episode, do give us a like, share it with others who you know will benefit from the show and subscribe to the podcast! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to talk with us directly, send us an email at [email protected]
See you on the inside!
• Key places Matt has specific knowledge in [02:23]
• Patterns and groupings of first home buyers [4:03]
• How train lines and the commute affect property prices [06:36]
• Types of property first home buyers are buying in the south at the moment [8:42]
• Expected property prices in the south & deciding what to buy [9:34]
• Buyers have to make a decision for themselves [13:45]
• Pricing changes as you travel further south [14:14]
• Nowra: The first affordable South Coast regional option [15:30]
• How are prices south of Nowra? [17:32]
• Advice for people moving into a new community (and mistakes that go with it) [20:39]
• Investor activity in the South Coast [22:24]
• Mistakes first home buyers make when buying in the south [25:00]
• Why inspecting a property's contracts & documents is important [27:44]
• Find a solicitor that knows local property [30:31]
• Crazy things Matt has seen first home buyers do [30:59]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!