Seeking the help of a buyers agent is a great way to secure a successful property purchase. But things could go completely the other way if you fell for a buyer's agent who does not have enough integrity, competence and experience to protect your interests.
Today, we're going to address the questions: how do you choose a buyer's agent? and how do you know if you really need one? We dig into the types of buyer's agents that you should hire or avoid and the important aspects that you should consider when hiring one.
If you enjoy this episode, do give us a like, share it with others who you know will benefit from the show and subscribe to the podcast! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to talk with us directly, send us an email at [email protected]!
See you on the inside!
• Brief background on the buyers agent industry [01:53]
• Make sure your agent is exclusive [08:41]
• Agents who pitch themselves as off-market specialists [10:22]
• Is your agent an order taker or an advisor? [13:01]
• The good deeds property under bidders [16:25]
• Agents who will not tell you what you want to hear [21:07]
• 'Deal' is a word that we don't talk about [25:16]
• Agents who try to be everything to everyone [26:36]
• Gray areas you should watch out for [30:15]
• Talk to sales agents [34:18]
• What's their policy on competing briefs? [35:40]
• How are their percentage models? [36:53]
• Ask them about the time they recommended not to buy [38:38]
• Questions to ask yourself [40:04]
• Team structure and systems are important [41:40]
• Know how their past clients' properties performed [44:20]
• REBA membership [45:16]
• Agents who understand your needs [46:57]
• How will they advise you? [49:06]
• When should you seek the help of a buyer's agent? [51:27]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!