Not having to save for the best part of a decade is one of the ultimate goals we can have in life. It sounds fancy, but believe us when we say that it's totally achievable.
In this episode, we share creative and pragmatic life hacks to speed up the saving period for your deposit so you can get closer to your first home purchase without missing a step. We tackle crucial subjects such as how you can tighten your belt, boost your savings, and avoid putting your earnings at risk.
If you're having trouble saving up for your desired home deposit, this episode will surely prove useful to you. Tune in now!
If you enjoy this episode, do give us a like, share it with others who you know will benefit from the show and subscribe to the podcast! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to talk with us directly, send us an email at [email protected]!
See you on the inside!
• The challenge of finding the right home deposit [02:55]
• The 20% pay yourself first scheme [07:01]
• Move back with your parents [11:52]
• Home-made coffee and packed lunch [13:12]
• Getting rid of your car [15:33]
• Co-ownership: Partner with a sibling or a trusted friend [18:32]
• The gig economy [20:13]
• Work out monthly repayments of expected loans at 7% interest [22:32]
• Cut out your credit cards [24:19]
• Do not get married [25:36]
• Say NO to Bitcoin or the share market [27:01]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!