Lucky are the people who get everything right on the first try—be it in purchasing a property or renovating one.
But again, wisdom comes with experience and learning from your mistakes is definitely one of the best ways to gain it!
Today, we're going to talk about Veronica's journey on her first property renovation: what she did right, where she went wrong, and how you can learn from her experience. We also discuss which factors you need to consider before purchasing a house, funding mistakes to avoid, and more valuable property lessons!
If you enjoy the show, do like, rate, subscribe, and share it with others! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to chat, email us at [email protected]
We'll see you on the inside!
1. Meighan's last renovation project (and featured property) [02:03]
2. Why did Veronica decide to buy a house to renovate? [03:13]
3. Mistakes you should avoid when purchasing a property [04:48]
4. What Veronica didn't do during her due diligence [10:06]
5. Checking if the property is outside a danger zone [11:27]
6. Knowing where your boundary is through the fence line [14:57]
7. The architect designed plans vs what the builder needs [18:24]
8. You must visit and measure the property before renovating! [23:09]
9. Learning from Veronica's mistakes in funding [25:53]
10. Listing her property [32:52]
11. What makes an expert? [37:04]
12. A little knowledge is more dangerous than having none at all [38:18]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!