Talks on the housing affordability crisis have escalated with the release of the Falinski report followed by the election and various pitches to first home buyers.
In this episode, we're talking about some of the recent government and private initiatives aimed at "helping" first home buyers.
Are any of these co-ownership schemes and deposit accelerators worth considering? Who's really benefiting from these initiatives? We cover these and heaps more!
If you enjoy the show, do like, rate, subscribe, and share it with others! We have loads of resources available and if you'd like to chat, email us at [email protected]!
We'll see you on the inside!
1. Is the government REALLY helping First Home Buyers? [03:05]
2. Labor's Shared Equity Scheme: What's it about? [08:16]
3. Risks of co-owning with the government [13:22]
4. Victoria's Homebuyer Fund [19:30]
5. Are government housing initiatives worth exploring? [24:48]
6. Melbourne-based private initiatives [28:54]
7. Is the First Home Buyer Deposit Scheme effective? [33:00]
8. Western Australia's Keystart Home Loans [38:59]
9. Should you consider private housing initiatives? [42:47]
If you enjoyed today's podcast, don't forget to subscribe, rate and share the show! There's more to come, so we hope to have you along with us on this journey!